Soft Goats’ Cheese Salad
This salad relies on using the very best ingredients you can. The tomatoes in particular have to be ripe and sweet. If they are, this is a delightful summer meal.
* 8 very ripe plum tomatoes, approx. 1 kg
* 1 cucumber2 bunches radishes, approx. 400 g
* 4 little gem lettuces
* small handful of fresh flatleaf parsley
* small handful of fresh mint leaves
* small handful of fresh coriander leaves
* 4 poppy-seed rolls
* 400 g soft goats’ cheese (the freshest and softest you can find)
* juice of 1 lemon
* 3 tbsp olive oil
* salt and pepper
GET AHEAD PREPARATION (optional)
* Prepare the tomatoes and cucumber.
* Wash the radishes and little gems.
15 minutes before you want to eat
* Start by chopping everything up. Cut the tomatoes into chunks. Peel, deseed and slice the cucumber. Top and tail the radishes, wash them well and cut them in half. Break
up, wash and dry the little gem lettuces. Roughly chop the parsley, mint and coriander. Throw all the salad ingredients into a bowl.
* Tear the rolls into chunks, break up the cheese and add the rolls and cheese to the salad.
* Season the salad well with salt and pepper then add the lemon juice and oil. Mix together thoroughly so that the cheese starts to disintegrate and becomes part of the dressing.
* Pile the salad on to plates and serve immediately.